Thursday, October 8, 2026

room for more

in a hotel in my dream waiting for friends from another life. together we once haunted the crumbling remains of another in a sleepy bonfire town. worlds away and years ago. I remember grieving the home we made of strangers and the clouds, momentary orphans playing family for a few months. in the year that followed I would cry every other day. I missed my friends and couldn't fathom moving forward having built our little life and home together. now we live as different people passing time in different places.

without forgetting I have learned to miss and still make room for more to come. in taking every joy time still has the grace to give me space to change and move like water. shapes shift beyond my power with the seasons as they roll. new flowers follow. I never saw you coming, just as I would never close the door. I miss you like my openness for now. I'll make room for more with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment