Tuesday, October 6, 2026

on the tram to work

business casual on the tram to work. headphones on. staring vacant out the window greeting traffic with a smile. another Monday keeping face. in my armour I can pass as anything I need to be for long enough.

I relish silence between strangers, their unfamiliar faces welcome comfort from the torment of the things I've known / loved / lost. we keep a friendly distance segregated by our ghosts and the separate scores we dictate on our phones. listening to love songs we once played each other on guitar. they don't know this or you or me. to them I am another in a packt can of sardines. to me they are the same. I know as much of their fears and dreams as they do mine. of ghosts they only know their own. we were until we weren't and they are none the wiser.

your name is still an anchor in the hollow of my heart. on the tram to work at least I have another day to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment