floating on the water off the island in the dark. looking up into the glitter of stars between the gentle leak of city lights I remember I am small and momentary as the ripples passing from my feet and fingers and the algae I can't see. the water is warm and laps over my ears. I look into the night as best I can without my glasses. each dying sun blurs between the mist of artificial counterparts and eyes that fail me in the dark.
I float alone on the mass of movement connecting me to every person on this and every other island on or under water. held between the ocean and another passing night I forget where I am. for a moment I relish my momentary breath of fidelity with our primordial mess. asteroids and waiting rooms and jellyfish and you; new facts and faces every day. how wonderful it is to leave the shore.
No comments:
Post a Comment