there is something in your eyes
I didn't see until I did
if words would work I'd find the one that this belongs to
though they don't and so I won't
and I am captive to this something
in the waters of the irides
aquamarine
or some other kind of blue
cursed to change a little with the light
the dark
and sensations of your skin (on mine)
fingertips and open lips
your laugh
and other sounds that seas would part for
there is something in your eyes
I think you see it too
if words would work would we will them to our waters?
cast a net into the tank?
are words worth wasting precious time spared for this something and your arms?
I breathe the air between us
you hold my face as though it matters
let me melt into my cotton
rise and fall and melt the same
and I don't know where you came from
but I think I like this fish.
No comments:
Post a Comment