Wednesday, August 19, 2026

forgetting how to talk

at the cinema we forget how to talk to each other. I try to remind myself that we are relative strangers, despite the sounds and colours underscoring this brief intersection of orbits. the movie doesn't really matter, though we'd both hoped for a little more from the vouching of our friends. you eat the biscuits I've baked from your favourites. I relish your proximity. it feels wasted somewhere I can't see or hold you. I wish we were alone.

credits roll offscreen with our plans. things feel strange and you need to get home. you board the next bus when it comes. I wander the gardens round the dome I've told you I want to climb. I wonder if you've had enough. you didn't take the biscuits with you. at least I got to hold your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment